- It is mandatory for students & their parents to sign a declaration at the time of admission in the format printed on the back of “Student Personal Record Form in English and Tamil. This covers conduct/discipline aspects and the general rules.
- Fees are to be paid on the due dates. No one is eligible for refund or default or deferred terms under any circumstances. Please see the relevant rule in the Faculty Handbook given to the student once admitted and every year thereafter.
- Attendance in all internal assessment activities and weekly tests are mandatory.
- No permission shall be granted for leave of absence (except for acceptable medical reasons), even if requested by the parent/guardian, from tests and other internal assignment activities.
- Students not staying with parents/guardian need to have their place of residence approved by the institution.
- A student not passing in all papers before reaching the final semester shall not be allowed to appear in the papers of the final semester without passing the papers in arrears.
- Those students using their own transport shall be present in their class rooms at least 5 minutes before the commencement of the classes.Late comers will be permitted only at the discretion of the teacher. Habitual late comers will be fined.
- No student shall leave the classroom without permission or till the teacher leaves the room.
- Students are expected to read the Notice Board regularly and get themselves updated of activities and announcements.Not being aware of an activity or an announcement will not be accepted as an excuse for failure to comply with it.
- For any indiscipline, management has the right to decide the punishment and /or corrective action.
- For any student who has availed Scholarship or Fee concession, the amount so availed by the student shall be recovered from the student if the student has been found to have violated any rule/regulation or any regulation under Conduct and Discipline, in accordance with clause 10 above.
- Students shall not bring Mobile Phones to the colleges.
Conduct and Behaviour
- Any behaviour or activity in or outside the Campus leading to intended or inadvertent damage to the reputation of the institution is considered misconduct and /or indiscipline. Loitering in the verandah, disfiguring or damaging furniture, wetting or otherwise dirtying the walls, etc. are considered indiscipline.
- Respect to the teachers and others is mandatory. Greeting the fellow students and saluting the teaching staff are considered good manners.
- Raising in respect when teacher or any management staff enters the class room and sitting only after they say so are good student behaviour.
- Girls and boys are forbidden to interact in the campus or while traveling by the PRIST bus.
- Absolute silence must be maintained all over the campus (and in the PRIST bus) except for academic interaction in classroom or laboratories).
- Movement in and out of the classrooms or laboratory should be in an orderly manner without making any noise. Girls must be allowed to move out first and then the boys shall move out.
- The Class teacher shall decide the place of seating for every student.
- Collective complaining or petitioning shall not be entertained.
- Students are to wear decent and formal dress and footwear.
- Discipline is the “Operating System” of the Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Institute of Science and Technology. The management reserves the right to determine what behaviour or action of a student is violation of conduct and discipline. Management’s decision is final. Management shall unilaterally decide on the punishment and/or subsequent course of action. No representation from the student or parent shall be entertained in this regard.
Conduct & Discipline
PRIST has no history of ragging. It is strictly forbidden in the campuses or anywhere. Complaints of ragging will be dealt with severely, including police action as per law. Student/s will be dismissed.