Thank you for visiting our site. One of the hardest tasks for Alumni Associations is to keep in touch with their alumni, and for you to keep in touch with other alumni. Please take a few minutes to register with PRIST University Alumni Association so that you can stay connected with all your fellow classmates.
To be the model Alumni Association by which all others are measured.
To advance the university by developing and strengthening lifelong relationships between alumni and the university community, by benefiting current and future alumni and friends, and by serving as a catalyst for communications and involvement.
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the Association shall be:
- To honor, preserve and celebrate PRIST University traditions.
- To communicate clearly and consistently with our alumni about all things PRIST University .
- To serve and respond to the needs of our alumni.
- To innovate new programs and services to benefit our alumni.
- To broaden our programming reach globally.
- To continue to provide an inclusive and supportive environment to our alumni of diverse backgrounds, interests, and experiences.
- To foster a spirit of brotherhood and comradeship amongst the alumni of the University.
- To arrange and collect funds for the development of the University.
- To arrange social and cultural functions.
- To further the interests of the PRIST University
- To provide a forum for the alumni of the University for exchange of ideas and views on educational, cultural, social and academic problems of the day.
- To look after the interest of the alumni of the University.
- To open branches of the Association.
- To do all other acts in furtherance of the objects of the association.
- To foster and promote good relationship among the members of the Association.
- To institute endowments, scholarships, prizes, medals, etc. to benefit students showing high proficiency in their studies and honour former students of the University.
- To conduct endowment lectures, seminars and organize other academic activities.
- To collect subscriptions, donations, gifts from members, non-members, Government, University and other institutions for furthering the aims and objectives of the Association.
- To publish Newsletter, handouts, souvenirs and journals to strengthen communication between the Association and members;
- To promote the welfare of the University.
To organize cultural and educational programmes and to conduct Alumni Day every year.
Voting and Decisions
All decisions will be taken at the meeting of the Association and the Executive Council by a majority of votes of members present and voting (The mode of voting shall be determined by Patron). In case of equal division of votes, the Patron will have a casting vote.
i) The Patron shall preside over the meetings of the Association, the meetings of the Executive Council and all other functions that may be organized by the Association.
ii) The Patron shall be the custodian of the property and interests of the Association.
iii) He shall call special meetings of the Executive Council/General Body of the Association if a written requisition signed by at least 5 members in case of Executive Council and 20 members in case of the Association is presented to him.
President / Vice President
i) The President shall perform the duties and functions of the Patron in his absence.
ii) President / Vice-President shall perform such other duties and functions as may be entrusted to him by the Patron or the Executive Council.
i) He shall be the custodian of all the records and documents of the Association.
ii) He shall call and arrange meetings of the Executive Council and the Association.
iii) He shall record the minutes of the meetings of the Executive Council and the Association.
iv) He shall represent the Association in all legal proceedings and sign all legal documents on behalf of the Association.
v) He shall maintain an up-to-date register of members and of all subscriptions and donations.
vi) He shall maintain a property register and all such registers as may be necessary in connection with the work of the Association.
vii) He shall also assist the Patron in conducting activities of the Association.
i) He shall be in charge of all the funds of the Association and, all the connected accounts, books, receipt books, vouchers, passbooks etc.
ii)He shall have power to operate the account of the Association and to incur such expenditure as may be approved by the Executive Committee.
iii) He shall assist the Secretary in the discharge of his duties and functions regarding finances/accounts of the Association.
iv) He shall perform such other duties and functions as may be entrusted to him by the Executive Council.
Amendments of Constitution and Bye-Laws
i) A proposal for the amendment of the Constitution of the Association shall be considered at the Annual General Meeting only. A proposal for an amendment shall be sent to the Secretary of the Alumni Association at least two months before the date of the Annual General Meeting and shall be circulated by the Secretary to all the members at least one month before the Annual General Meeting.
ii) For considering an amendment of the Constitution not less than 50 members or 75% of the total members whichever is less shall be required to be present at the Annual General body Meeting.
iii) Subject to the provision made in (ii) above, an amendment of the Constitution shall require the affirmative vote of not less than two-third of the members present and voting.
All disputes will be subject to the jurisdiction of Thanjavur Courts only.
- All former Graduate, Post Graduate students and research scholars of the University are eligible to become Members of the Association on payment of annual membership fee of Rs.200/-.
- All former Graduate, Post Graduate students and research scholars of the University are eligible to become Life Members of the Association on payment of Rs.500/-.
- A member of the Association when joins in any of the ongoing courses of the University ceases to be a member of the Alumni Association during the period of the course. The Membership of such a person will be restored immediately after the tenure of the course.
- All regular teachers of the Departments / Institutions / Centres of the University and the regular staff of the University are eligible to become life members of the Association on payment of Rs.500/-.
- Their Membership will be terminated on their retirement / resignation / dismissal / removal from service.
The following shall be the office bearers of the Association
- Patron (Vice-Chancellor – Ex-officio)
- President ( Elected by the General Body)
- Vice-President ( Elected by the General Body)
- Secretary (Registrar – Ex – officio)
- Treasurer (Finance Officer, PRIST University – Ex-officio)
The Executive Council of the Association shall consist of 10 members, including the office-bearers. Two members of the Executive Council shall be nominated by the Patron. Three members shall be elected by the general body. The Executive Council shall frame the bye-laws of the Association. The term of the Executive council member other ex-offcio members will be three years.
- The term of office of the Executive Committee shall be for a period of two calendar years. The Registrar shall be the ex-officio Secretary of the Association.
- A Committee once elected shall continue to hold office till a new committee assumes charge.
- In case a vacancy arises in the post of any of the office bearers on account of resignation, death, etc. of an office bearer the Executive Committee may nominate any person to such post from among the members of the Executive Committee. Such nominated persons shall hold office till the election of the next Executive Committee.
- In case an Executive Committee Member is absent from three consecutive meetings of the Executive Committee, without prior notice, he shall cease to be a member of the Executive Committee.
General Body Meetings
(i) The annual General Body meeting shall be held every year in the month of January.
1. to elect the Executive Committee.
2. to examine statement of accounts.
3. to receive the annual report of the Association, and
4. to consider any amendments to the bye-laws.
(ii) The Executive Committee may convene General Body meetings as and when necessary.
(iii) Extraordinary meetings of the General Body shall be convened at the request of not less than one-third of the total members, within two months after receipt of such request.
(iv) The quorum of a General Body meeting shall be one-third of total members or 50 members whichever is less.
(v) The meeting shall be conducted in the Senate Hall premises.
Executive Committee Meetings
(i) Meetings of the Executive Committee shall ordinarily be convened at least once in 6 months.
(ii) Meetings of the Executive Committee shall be convened on written request of not less than 7 members of the Executive Committee. This shall be convened within 3 weeks of receipt of such request.
(iii) Quorum for a Meeting of the Executive Committee shall be 7 members.
General provisions regarding meetings.
(i)Fifteen days notice shall ordinarily be given for all meetings of the General Body / Executive Committee. The notice of the General Body meeting shall be published in the media.
(ii) In the absence of the President the Vice-President shall preside over the meetings of the General Body / Executive Committee. In the absence of the President and Vice-President, senior members of the Executive Committee shall preside over the meeting.
(iii) All decisions shall be on the basis of majority of votes. In case of equality of votes, the President of the meeting shall have a casting vote.
(iv) No member shall hold the same Office for more than two terms consecutively, except the Patron.
Notice of Meetings
i) Meetings of the Association shall be called at a notice of at least 15 days. However, meetings can be called, in cases of emergency, at a shorter notice, as may be determined by the Patron.
ii) Meetings of the Executive Council shall be called at a notice of at least 7 days. However, in cases of emergency, meetings may be called at a shorter notice, as may be determined by the Patron.